Now to work! I have so many different things I'm interested in doing I'm having trouble focusing on one or two. I need to sit with the methods that Kathleen taught us and do those things.
Another source for inspiration right now is The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I'm working my way through this book. I am finding myself resistant to letting my creative self take over, and I need to address that resistance.
Orson Scott Card's book How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy has been another source of inspiration for me over the past weeks. Scotte got it for me for Valentine's Day. I love it!
I have done a lot of thinking work over the past weeks. I know where I want to be, I have a Vision. I'm letting myself get bogged down by the details of the how and when. And fear.
In the meantime I've identified some things that fire up my imagination:
Spirituality
Astronomy
Science Fiction
Theater
Travel
Shakespeare
Art Glass
Photography
Quite an eclectic mix, isn't it? I'm really trying not to judge these interests, just uncovering them and celebrating them. They're part of me. Where will these interests lead me in the end? Who knows? It's not for me to say, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment