Autumn has always been and continues to be my favorite season. And not the part of fall that really is the too long end of summer, but the part when the refreshing rain comes. The part that is the promise of life after winter, the promise of change and color, thanksgiving and reward. Autumn is harvest and celebration.
Good thing, huh? Because that's where I find myself right now, in the autumn of my life. The hard work of spring and summer promises to come to fruition.
Fall is my favorite time to travel. I love to go places and see things when the roads are less trafficked, the attractions, parks and hotels less crowded. My favorite form of travel is on the road with my husband, Scotte. We enjoy every area of our state, but our very favorite place Leavenworth, Washington. We look forward to our next trip there and miss it when we leave.
I'm so pleased to welcome end of the long, dry summer that has been the past few years of my life. I wouldn't call it a drought, just a very long Indian Summer.
Just some of the rewards Scotte and I are enjoying are: two new daughters-in-law and a grandson. Our youngest, Kaarin is finishing up at the local community college and to transfer at to a regional college. That's her heart's desire and so we're working hard to make it happen. I'll miss having her here everyday.
Scotte and I are looking forward to an empty nest. We are anticipating time for travel, to our sons' families on both coasts and to Leavenworth. We're truly best friends and enjoy each others' company immensely.
I'm on a journey and can't wait to see what's coming down the road. I'm going to enjoy the colors, kick the leaves, smell the scents of autumn. I'm going to enjoy the rewards of the harvest.
No comments:
Post a Comment