Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Secret Garden

I have an ongoing opportunity to visit a beautiful estate just a few miles from my home. It's not really a secret. It's an open invitation for artists, writers and other creatives in our area. The invitation came at a perfect time. A retail job I've been working at for the past year has dried up for now. The day of the week that the studio and garden are open is a free day for me. Personally, the timing is perfect as I've been spending this calendar year opening up my creative side to new opportunities. The grounds and studio were full of inspiration for me.

The day was stormy. The grounds are expansive but only a few of the trees and perennials are beginning to bloom. The leaf fall from last autumn hasn't yet been raked away. All around me the garden and grounds look dead, but life was happening everywhere.

It was a wonderful day to think, to dream and to plan. I can't wait to visit again. I want to chronicle the emergence of spring and summer and then the change to fall. Last week I took my camera and journal with me. The next time I'll take my MacBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment